The Department of Public Safety is committed to providing quality service and working with the members of the College of Charleston community to build an environment that promotes the safety and well-being of each individual. In an effort to encourage personal safety, the Campus Escort Service Program was initiated for those times, especially during the hours of darkness, when you may find yourself unable to use the buddy system while on campus.
- Available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, this on-campus service is intended for those who need a security escort to/from class or residence hall or college-owned parking lots/facilities.
- To access the Program, call 843.953.5611 and provide the following information to the dispatcher: your name, current location, where you wish to go, a physical description of yourself. Please remain in your car or wait in the building lobby until a Campus Police officer/representative arrives.
- This program, staffed by our on-patrol officers, serve a campus population of over 10,000. Calls for escort service are dispatched immediately, however, if you experience an excessive delay in response time it may be due to a high volume use of the program. If this occurs, please place your call again.
- Critical to the success of this program in meeting the needs for which it was intended is understanding that this program is not a substitute method of transportation for grocery shopping, doctor/dental appointments, a means to get to your part-time employment or to take the place of your designated driver when out socializing. The abuse of this service dilutes the effectiveness of the program for those individuals who have a critical need for a security escort.
- No matter where you are on campus, off campus, on any street anywhere in the world, we encourage you to practice "street smarts" -- walk in groups, use the buddy system. And, when you need to be accompanied while on campus, use our Campus Escort Service 843.953.5611.